With offices across Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, including Lincoln, Grimsby and Hull, our professional and caring solicitors can help.
Licensing applications are regularly won or lost by the way they are prepared.
At Bridge McFarland LLP, our commercial law team specialise in premises and personal licensing laws throughout England, Scotland & Wales, including alcohol and gambling law. We can also represent clients before Committees, Licensing Boards, Magistrates and Crown Courts.
Specialist Licensing Law Advice
Our highly experienced licensing lawyers work with businesses and licenced premises owners from various sectors. Regardless of the size of your business or the complexity of your case, if you are a sole operator or the owner of multiple licenced establishments, we can help with all licensing law matters and disputes within the leisure sector. Some of the areas of our expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and submitting applications, including New Premises Licences / Variations (full and minor) / Temporary Event Notices and Reviews.
- Appearing before Licensing Sub-Committees on contested applications.
- Appearing before Magistrates on Appeals and direction hearings.
- Representing clients at review / expedited review hearings.
- Regulatory matters including PACE interviews.
- Preparing and submitting applications including Premises and Provisional Premises Licences / Variations (major and minor) and occasional licences in Scotland. Also appearing before Licensing Boards on contested applications.
Gambling Licensing: (Gambling Act 2005)
- Operating Licences
- Submitting and providing detailed advice regarding applications for Non-Remote and Remote Operating Licences and Personal Management Licences.
- Advising on all aspects of Regulatory Compliance.
- Advising Companies with Operating Licences entering administration.
- Preparing and submitting both Operating Licence Applications and premises licence applications.
- Making representations and attending before Licensing Sub-Committees.
- Preparation and submission of applications for Judicial Review.
Lotteries, Free Draws and Prize Competitions
- Advising on the above.
Casinos, Bingo & Gaming in Licensed Premises
- Adult Gaming Centres, Family Entertainment Centres & UFECGMP’s
- Advising on legislation both pre and post 2005, including submitting applications for new premises licences, variations of existing licences and transfers.
- Advising clients on general aspects of bingo licensing as well as submitting applications for new premises licences, variations of existing licences and transfers.
- Advising on race nights, casino nights and poker in licensed premises.
- Advising clients regarding Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permits and Club Machine/Gaming Permits.
Dealing with licencing law applications or disputes can be highly daunting, but it can be much less stressful with the correct legal guidance. However, seeking early legal guidance from an experienced lawyer with specialist knowledge of this complex area of law is essential.
Solicitors for Licensing Laws Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire
At Bridge McFarland LLP, our commercial lawyers have sound local knowledge and longstanding experience working with all local authorities. We understand the issues that can arise during a licence application and are happy to advise clients at the earliest stage of the process.
We will guide you through the application process, carrying out all necessary checks and ensuring everything has been done to make each application as robust as possible. Where residents or authorities object to applications, we can advise on how best to proceed, representing you if needed before Committees and Licensing Boards on contested applications.
Licensing Law Prosecutions
We can also offer expert advice and guidance in prosecution matters, representing businesses or individuals facing investigation, enforcement action or prosecution for suspected breach of a licensing law issue. Our licencing lawyers have strong Court advocacy skills, advising and representing businesses and individuals for PACE Interviews Under Caution, Licencing Hearings and representation in the Magistrates’ or Crown Court.
Get in Touch
Please call 0800 987 8800 and speak to our commercial law team to learn more about our licensing law services.
Working with other specialist members of our commercial team, we can also help you with other commercial law areas such as commercial property leases, planning law, contracts and agreements, employment law and dispute resolution.
How can we help?
What our clients say
“Excellent service from start to finish, quick response to questions and queries. Highly recommend and would use again.”
“Used these solicitors before and have always been helpful, polite and easy to talk to always explained things when [I didn’t] understand.”
“Excellent service and feedback particularly from Evie Shaw.”
“Brilliant service. Debbie and her team always kept me updated. Emails were always answered immediately. I will definitely recommend to others and use them again.”