Sarah is a partner and head of the Child Care department which is based in Lincoln but accepts instructions from across the country.
Sarah is an extremely experienced Child Care Lawyer and has been a member of the Law Society’s specialist Children Panel for over 20 years. She represents parents, Children’s Guardians, and children themselves directly if they are competent to instruct her.
In Private Law, she represents children in complex Residence, Child Arrangements Orders and Specific Issue Orders where a Guardian is appointed.
In Public Law proceeding (care proceedings), Sarah has extensive experience in cases involving:
- Complex medical issues
- Non accidental injuries, including child deaths
- Cases involving physical, sexual or emotional abuse and neglect
- Matters involving drug and alcohol misuse
- Where there are ongoing criminal proceedings
- Domestic abuse
Sarah is a member of the Association of Lawyers for Children, and the Working Together with Parents Network which supports parents with learning difficulties and learning disabilities. She is very experienced in working with parents who have psychiatric, psychological or physical difficulties.
Sarah (or a member of her team) can advise you from the first point when Children’s Services become involved with your family, offering advice and support, either if proceedings have been issued, or at the Pre Proceedings stage.
- Approved Judgement Re S (Care Proceedings) Neutral Citation Number:  EWFC 144 (August 2023)
- Approved Judgement (Care Proceedings) Re S (Children: Party Status)  EWCA Civ 1717 (22 December)
- LCC-v- CB & Ors (Necessity of Split Hearing)  EWHC 2813 (Fam) (21 October)
- Care Proceedings C (A Child: Adoption)  EWFC66
How can we help?
“I would like to provide some positive feedback for Sarah Keeper & Katie Smith; they are two very kind, polite & hard working individuals who always find the time to put you & your case first. Your needs/wants of the outcome is listened to respected & treated sensitively. They always call back & reply to emails promptly, they also strive forward with professionalism when given instructions as to what you would like done on your case within an appropriate working timeframe. They are welcoming, friendly, understanding, listen to your concerns attentively & supportive. I’d like to thank their continued support from what I have received from both of them so far. I can only hope this continues & I gain the outcome I wish to achieve for myself & my family. ”