Court of Protection Disputes
With offices across Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, including Lincoln, Grimsby and Hull, our professional and caring solicitors can help.
Court of Protection Disputes Solicitors
Our dedicated team of Court of Protection solicitors at Bridge McFarland LLP can handle any disputes involving the care of a vulnerable loved one.
Issues can arise for various reasons and can be extremely distressing for everyone involved.
Bridge McFarland LLP’s Court of Protection dispute resolution specialists, have the relevant experience to guide you through any legal challenges involving vulnerable individuals to achieve a result that is in everyone’s best interests.
We can bring and defend applications in the Court of Protection and advise on the legal issues affecting those lacking capacity. Our solicitors who specialise in Court of Protection disputes can also assist with related civil claims, for example, resulting from the actions of a rogue deputy or claims for undue influence.
For more information about Court of Protection disputes or to speak to one of our solicitors in Hull, Lincoln, Louth, Market Rasen, Scarborough or Grimsby, call Bridge McFarland LLP on 0800 987 8800 or email email@example.com.
Solicitor for Court of Protection Disputes Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire
The Court of Protection is the judicial body responsible for assisting people who no longer have the mental capacity to make decisions about managing their affairs. Those decisions typically relate to an individual’s health and welfare requirements, and finances and property arrangements.
Disputes can arise for many reasons. Cases involving the Court of Protection are complex, often involving family members, care providers and other professionals.
Specialist legal advice is vital. Bridge McFarland LLP provides legal advice and assistance on various contentious issues involving the Court of Protection.
Our Court of Protection disputes service includes legal advice on:
- Disputes over an appointment of a deputy or attorney.
- Objections to deputyship applications.
- Disputes around a vulnerable person’s mental capacity.
- Challenging gifts made by a deputy or attorney.
- Statutory wills.
- Challenging personal welfare decisions.
- Disputes over whether the deputy or attorney is acting in the vulnerable person’s best interests.
- Allegations of financial abuse.
- Applications to remove an attorney or deputy.
- Concerns regarding safeguarding issues.
- Concerns regarding payment of care home fees.
If you are involved in a dispute with the Court of Protection or are concerned about a vulnerable person and how they are being treated, please contact Bridge McFarland’s contentious Court of Protection team.
Court of Protection Disputes Solicitor Near Me
Whether you have concerns over the behaviour of an attorney or deputy, are worried about potential financial abuse, or want to know how to object to the terms of a proposed statutory Will, Bridge McFarland LLP can help.
Our team has vast experience in successfully resolving disputes involving the Court of Protection, both before and after the issue of Court proceedings.
Our contentious Court of Protection specialists can help by:
- Understanding the rights, duties and obligations of the attorney or deputy.
- Determining whether the attorney or deputy has acted unlawfully.
- Compiling your concerns for the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG).
We adopt various alternative dispute resolution methods, such as mediation, early neutral evaluation and joint settlement meetings, to ensure issues are resolved without recourse to litigation wherever possible.
Private Client Legal Services
The team of private client solicitors at Bridge McFarland LLP offer a range of services relating to your Will and Estate, including:
- Drafting and amending a Will
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Inheritance Tax
- Statutory Wills
- Deputyships and Court of Protection
- Probate and Letters of Administration
- Elderly Client
Dispute Resolution Services
Our experienced and friendly team of lawyers can also provide specialist advice on various contentious matters and disputes, such as:
- Inheritance Act Claims
- Intestacy estates
- Contesting a Will
- Defending a Will dispute claim
- Property and Assets disputes
- Estate administration and Executor disputes
- Applications to remove or replace Executors or Administrators
- Claims made against Executors or Administrator
- Professional negligence in the drafting of a Will
- Trusts disputes
Other Legal Services
Bridge McFarland LLP offers uncomplicated guidance and advice when you most need it. Whatever your legal matter, relating to your private wealth or otherwise, speak to our team of friendly solicitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Private Client Team
Our Private Client Team
How can we help?
What our clients say
“Excellent service from start to finish, quick response to questions and queries. Highly recommend and would use again.”
“Used these solicitors before and have always been helpful, polite and easy to talk to always explained things when [I didn’t] understand.”
“Excellent service and feedback particularly from Evie Shaw.”
“Brilliant service. Debbie and her team always kept me updated. Emails were always answered immediately. I will definitely recommend to others and use them again.”