With offices across Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, including Lincoln, Grimsby and Hull, our professional and caring solicitors can help.
Property Negligence Solicitors
When buying property or undertaking building and construction works, you will often use and rely upon skilled professionals, including surveyors, architects, builders, structural engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers. If mistakes are made, or the service provided is of poor quality, rectifying the issues can be costly and time consuming.
If you have been let down by a property professional, our specialist professional negligence lawyers can help you to claim compensation for any financial losses.
Do you require legal advice concerning professional negligence? Speak to the team of specialist solicitors at Bridge McFarland LLP today at 0800 987 8800.
Claims Against Property Professionals
Mistakes by such professionals can have serious consequences, and if you have suffered financially, you may be able to claim compensation for professional negligence.
In many cases, the professional will have professional indemnity insurance to cover such claims. Common examples of negligence include:
- Incorrect valuation, i.e. under or over-valuing property
- Inadequate survey, inspection, or report
- Failing to identify defects or the extent of defects
- Not recommending additional investigations
- Mistakes in preparing plans, designs, drawings, specifications, calculations, or bills of quantities
- Incorrect specifications or materials
- Insufficient supervision or project management
- Incorrect advice about planning permission or building regulations
- Mistakes in or failing to properly manage budgets
- Failing to comply with drawings and specifications, planning permission or building regulations
- Not completing works or defective works
- Damage to existing or third party property
- Not following instructions
- Giving incorrect advice
- Not acting in your best interests
- Negligence from property solicitors during the conveyancing transaction
Property Negligence Solicitors Lincolnshire
At Bridge McFarland LLP, we can offer practical, straightforward advice if you have been let down by a property or building construction professional. We can help you assess the strength of your case, guiding you through the process of making a property negligence claim.
In many cases, we will act on a No Win No Fee basis (subject to acceptance).
Contact us for a free, confidential, no obligation assessment of your claim.
Get in touch with our Property Negligence Lawyers today
Funding for Professional Negligence claims
In appropriate cases, we will share the risk with you through flexible and innovative funding arrangements, including:
- Conditional fee agreements (CFAs) (also known as “no win, no fee” agreements)
- Discounted CFAs (also known as “no win, low fee” agreements)
- Fixed and capped fees
- Competitive hourly rate charges
- Legal expenses (“after-the-event” or “ATE”) insurance to cover the risk of having to pay costs to the other side (and your own expenses) if your claim is unsuccessful
- Disbursement funding for expenses such as court fees and expert’s fees
If a claim is suitable for funding by a full CFA with ATE legal expenses insurance and a disbursement funding loan, it will involve no up-front costs to you, and you will have nothing to pay if the claim is unsuccessful.
We will talk to you about these options for funding your case.
Professional Neligence Frequently Asked Questions
How can we help?
What our clients say
“Excellent service from start to finish, quick response to questions and queries. Highly recommend and would use again.”
“Used these solicitors before and have always been helpful, polite and easy to talk to always explained things when [I didn’t] understand.”
“Excellent service and feedback particularly from Evie Shaw.”
“Brilliant service. Debbie and her team always kept me updated. Emails were always answered immediately. I will definitely recommend to others and use them again.”