The Finance department in Lincoln is responsible for the day-to-day financial activities of the Practice.
The Cashier will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Accounts Manager and the Finance Department in the provision of accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for the practice by providing competent and effective cashiering duties
- Assisting in the compliance of Solicitor’s Accounts Rules
Key duties will include:
- To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations.
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- The processing of client bills to include checking and posting.
- Input and production of nominal payment requests.
- Processing automatic and manual payment runs electronically and by cheque.
- The processing of internal bank transfers.
- Processing of travel and other expenses.
- Dealing with enquiries from fee earners and other staff members.
- Dealing with enquiries and card payments from clients.
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash.
- Ad hoc financial reporting
- Have a high level of confidentiality.
- Have competent organisational skills.
- Good communication skills
- Be educated to GCSE standard grade C or Grade 4 and above in Maths and English
- Pays attention to detail.
- Diligent and methodical work ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Be reliable and diligent, with good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
- Able to follow instructions
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
This is a permanent entry level position based at our Lincoln Office.